Getting the most out of your business? Then an up-to-date CRM system is an absolute must! Organisations often use a CRM system, but its great value depends on whether the system is complete and up to date. If this is not the case, a sales department can do its best, but often without the desired result and nobody wants that.
The society we live in is data-driven. From a website visit to a WhatsApp or sending a targeted question, everything we do leaves a digital trail. For organisations, this is the way to identify customers and their needs. However, it is important that all data and the journey of a customer is properly stored. An effective marketing and sales strategy stands or falls with the right relationship data. This can all be found in a CRM system, but how can you best keep this information up to date so that its value is not lost to sales and marketing?
Drawing up rules
Your employees are a decisive factor for the success of a CRM system. After all, they are the ones who have to process information via various channels. This sounds simple, but it is not. Companies can go bankrupt, use a different e-mail address or change their telephone number. Takeovers in the IT world are also common. So a CRM system is soon out of date. In addition, updating information is time-consuming and requires utmost concentration; a mistake is easily made. It is therefore useful to draw up a number of internal rules concerning the CRM system. This way, errors can be avoided and the proliferation of bad data can be stopped. Appoint a CRM manager internally who is responsible for the quality and coverage of the database. The manager's focus should be on the following points:
- Coverage. Is the database focused on the core market or the entire market without significant information on prospects?
- Quality. How is the database maintained and is the update date visible to the user?
- Segmentation. Is it possible to select prospects on the basis of relevant criteria?
- Uniformity. Is the structure of the database uniform and structured?
Independent data providers
Another option is to sit down with an independent data provider to review the CRM data and supplement the system with market data from an external database. In this way, the organisation can update and complement its existing data. Keep the data up to date by creating a link between the CRM system and the external database. You will also gain insight into potential customers by using an external database. On average, 80% of prospects match the data in the system; often an organisation does not know about the other 20%. Thanks to an up-to-date CRM system, you can get the most out of your business and you have a complete overview of the sales and marketing information.
Want to know more? See what our telemarketing agency can do for you!